We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of content on our website. Below, you’ll find a few recommendations to help make your browsing experience more accessible:
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers these tips (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/) for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/browseAloud.html)
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/keyboard_nav.html)
- Increase text size (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/textsize.html)
- Magnify your screen (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/magnifyscreen.html)
- Change background and text colors (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/changecolors.html)
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only) (link to https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/mousepointer.html)
- If you are looking for mouse and keyboard alternatives, speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking (link to https://www.nuance.com/dragon.html) may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, there are several accessibility features available to you.
Closed captioning provides a transcript for the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally visually displayed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard of hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio due to noisy environments. Most of our video content includes captions. Learn how to turn captioning on and off in YouTube. (link to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/100078?hl=en)
Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.
If the recommendations above do not meet your needs, please give us a call at 215.383.9800 (make this a live link) and we’d be happy to assist!